Thursday 28 May 2009

Back and forth to Cardiff

I've been to a very interesting workshop held by Glyn Elwyn and colleagues at Cardiff University. It was really good fun - the object being to think through the 'grand challenges' for telecare over the next decade. Douglas Robinson from Paris did an interesting talk on Multi-Path Mapping, I did Normalization Process Theory, and then there were animated discussions. I learned a lot and came away with some ideas about things that I hope one day to have enough time to write about. 

The taxi into town from the airport was interesting.... As we climbed into the car the driver said, apropos of nothing, "I've got a story for you, about pies....." And then launched into a long discourse about the fine cheese and potato pies to be had at Kidderminster Harriers' football ground. I found my mind drifting. Suddenly (several miles later) I felt him grip my arm tightly and he said, "and then I was seized with panic. Well, wouldn't I be?" I had to agree that he would be. But for the next 24 hrs I wondered why. What had I missed?

No comments:

Post a Comment